2 November 2014

Berlin


Finally went back to Berlin for a weekend. First mandatory thing to do was to have a mojito. The second mandatory thing to do was visit the Helmut Newton Foundation. Then just eat greap, cheap food.
In the process of finding such food, I discovered the original Café Einstein through Foodspotting*, which has nothing to do with the chain with the same name. It has a lovely atmosphere, great tea, amazing looking strudel and steaks, but a not so great prices for students on a budget. It's still worth going there for a coffee, maybe in the Summer when the patio is open, and there's enough light to take photos of the rooms.

The rest of the time we spent discovering Tempelhof and Neukölln, because I apparently didn't like Berlin enough already, and had to find even more reasons to. The weather was not the best for photos, and only improved on Sunday when we left, so I can't show you the cute place with the best coffee I ever had in Germany, the place with the weirdest bathroom I have ever seenthe best pizza I ever had in my life, nor the camels in Park Hasenheide. Yes. Camels. In Hasenheide. And lots of other animals too. Anyway, here's what I could take pictures of.
*does anyone ever use that? I'd guess in Germany not so much, because I rarely find anything there.


Tempelhof, day 1

Urban gardens, Tempelhof
Urban gardens, Tempelhof
Urban gardens, Tempelhof
Urban gardens, Tempelhof
Urban gardens, Tempelhof

Brunch at Schiller Bar

Schiller Bar, Berlin
Schiller Bar, Berlin

Körnerpark

Körnerpark, Berlin

Tempelhof, day 3

Tempelhof, Berlin
Kite skating, Tempelhof
Tempelhof, Berlin
Urban gardens, Tempelhof
Windsurf skating, Tempelhof

No comments:

Post a Comment